hello from western slope

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hello from western slope

Post by voodoojk on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:36 am

Just wanted to say hello from the Glenwood Springs area. Dispite my screen name, i no longer have a JK. I had a 2 dr on 37's and a stock 4 dr and sold them both for a 2009 double cab longbed Tacoma TRD sport. I wasnt super happy with that so traded it in on a 2012 Double Cab TRD off road ( with the short bed of course) and love it so far. After my jeep experiances, i plan on building this rig as an overland vehicle for my family. Eventually i want to build another trail rig to hit the rocks again but for now.. Keepin it simple and functional. With factory rear locker and a-trac, i can pretty much go anywhere in the area.

Thanks guys!
Jeff

2012 Double Cab TRD Off Road - Magnetic Grey
- TRD FJ cruiser wheels
- 32" Cooper ST/MAXX
- Softopper

voodoojk

Back to top Go down

Re: hello from western slope

Post by Onlyone on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:41 pm

Welcome. You sound like another one on this board. Lol you will have fun. 

Lucas, are your ears burning?
Onlyone

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoojk on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Lol well ironically, Lucas is my neighbor.

voodoojk

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:59 pm

Welcome. Just post up when you're up to hit a trail. What is your schedule like? My wife & I available Fri-Sundays to wheel and I'm down the road a little bit in Parachute.
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:17 pm

voodoojk wrote:Lol well ironically, Lucas is my neighbor.

Very Happy Yes, you need to stop down for a beer and some cotrailruns decals!
coluke

http://www.cotrailruns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoojk on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:04 am

I never saw this reply! Sorry man..

Same goes for you! I need to get some dirt on my tires soon. Snow will be here real soon

voodoojk

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:43 am

Its all good, btw, what size tires are you running? I saw 32" above, just wondering the specific size, I am thinking of going 265/75/16
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoojk on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:02 am

Yes sir. Thats the exact size I am running. Cooper st/maxx. On the TRD FJ wheels they are spaced out a little more. I am trying to stick to the Less is more mentality. Might bump up to a skinny 33 next size though. Saw the bed rack sunday. Looks sweet!!

voodoojk

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:10 pm

Yes, the bed rack turned out well my paint job kinda sucks, do not ever use the "X-Rust" spray paint they sell up at the Hardware store in New Castle, its expensive and it is horrible.

I plan on running the same tires, I ran a set of the ST/MAXX on my diesel Liberty, same size actually, and they seemed to be pretty awesome in everything from the Rocks to every day driving in the snow.

Did they hurt the performance much?
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoojk on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:23 pm

I hate painting stuff..i painted my bumper on my JK to perfection. Prepped, primed and took days doing it and it all flaked off in about 6 months hahaha

i like the tires. My only complaint is that they pick up every little stone. I went over Kebler in the springs and i think i still have rocks in my tread! It sounded like studded tires for at least a week after that. Let me know when you want to get the tires. I can get you a deal on them..about $172 a tire. I might bump up to 255/85/16 next time around but that ets into perfomace loss and gearing concerns etc...etc..

I didnt really notice perfromance loss but when i bought the truck the tires were shot... i swapped out my sport rims with studded snow and used them all winter and put these on in the spring. They are heavier but i dont think they hurt it that much.

voodoojk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top