Colorado Trail Runs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seat Brackets made

3 posters

Go down

Seat Brackets made Empty Seat Brackets made

Post by Walt Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:17 am

Need to know if anyone knows somebody/someplace that can make seat brackets. Have discovered a big reason the Jeep aggravates my neck problems is that it has me sitting too high causing me to scrunch my neck down and forward. The stock brackets are like 5 1/2" tall, so if I could get it 2-3" lower it would make it less of a problem.

With my seat reclined to a comfortable position, my head is underneath and up against the roll/sound bar (not a good position to be in hitting bumps and such) so I was scrunching my neck down. I unreclined my seat to resolve this problem and it creates 2 more problems (1) the sound/roll bar is behind my head so if I get rear ended my head is going to slam into it (2) I am looking out the top of my windshield so I scrunch my neck down to see out of it better.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Seat Brackets made Empty Re: Seat Brackets made

Post by Shaniquasman Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:39 pm

Might try battlement fabrication here in Junction. Nate is who to talk to 433-1953. Don't know if he's done anything like that, but they've got a bunch of off-road projects and should be able to custom build something for you

Shaniquasman

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:39 am

Thanks, will give them a call.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:02 pm

Walt, my biggest issue is finding some free time, but IF I can, I think I could help you fab something up. Just depends on how soon you want to get it done.

coluke
coluke

http://www.cotrailruns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:03 pm

coluke wrote:Walt, my biggest issue is finding some free time, but IF I can, I think I could help you fab something up. Just depends on how soon you want to get it done.

Thanks for the offer Lucas, but I think it would take a professional shop to be able to make the bends in a strong enough material. Each bracket has 4 bends in it.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum