Colorado Trail Runs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sold the Jeep....

4 posters

Go down

Sold the Jeep....  Empty Sold the Jeep....

Post by coluke Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:41 pm

Well today is a sad day, and a start of a new chapter. I sold the Jeep.  Shocked No more 4wheeling for me...

Twisted Evil Nah, I will be back at it soon! and of course up for some mild stuff right away.
I pick up a Tacoma TRD Offroad this evening. So basically to start with I have a stock truck that has factory skid plates, a rear locker and bilstein shocks. I plan on doing a mild lift over the winter with 33inch tires and a re-gear I am sure. I found the JK Rubicon with 35s was over kill for 95% of the trails (I do) and doing hardcore rock crawling just isn't fun for me in a vehicle that cost so much. The Tacoma will still get me on the trail, be capable, and well having a truck, although a small one, will serve a utilitarian purpose as well.
coluke
coluke

http://www.cotrailruns.com

Back to top Go down

Sold the Jeep....  Empty Re: Sold the Jeep....

Post by Walt Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:03 am

BUMMER  Sad You didn't get to do Holy Cross before you sold it.
Understand your logic & concerns, at least you can still wheel. Now we got 2 Tacos in the group.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlyone Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:04 pm

I don't see any pictures! Nice trucks those tacos. I almost bought one myself before the JK. Looking forward to seeing it on the trail!
Onlyone
Onlyone

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:57 am

Onlyone wrote:I don't see any pictures! Nice trucks those tacos. I almost bought one myself before the JK. Looking forward to seeing it on the trail!

Looks kinda tiny!

Sold the Jeep....  I-TcXQcgJ-M
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:17 pm

Hey, you can still do Crystal/Lead King or the Flat tops or Lincoln Creek/Grizzly (by Aspen) or the right trail of 1/2 Moon or a couple of trails up on Grand Mesa. Give a shout if you're up for one of em.

I only got 2 issues with your Toy Taco: can't go topless and the engineers didn't consider people 6'4" driving them (starts singing "short people got no reason.....")

So now that you're Jeepless, does that make us brother once removed? Do I call you cuz now instead of bro? Nah, your a Jeeper @ heart, more so than most of the people driving them highly modified mall crawlers. We'll have to do a Battlement run one day, I'll even let you do some of the driving (I trust you).
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:26 am

Walt wrote:Hey, you can still do Crystal/Lead King or the Flat tops or Lincoln Creek/Grizzly (by Aspen) or the right trail of 1/2 Moon or a couple of trails up on Grand Mesa. Give a shout if you're up for one of em.

I only got 2 issues with your Toy Taco: can't go topless and the engineers didn't consider people 6'4" driving them (starts singing "short people got no reason.....")

So now that you're Jeepless, does that make us brother once removed? Do I call you cuz now instead of bro? Nah, your a Jeeper @ heart, more so than most of the people driving them highly modified mall crawlers. We'll have to do a Battlement run one day, I'll even let you do some of the driving (I trust you).

No going topless! which does stink, but my JK had pretty much lost that feature already with the huge top. Walt, if it did have a removable top you could fit!  

Yes, tons of trails I can still do Smile it will be modified by next spring, 35s... no but some where around a 33 inch tire will get me pretty much anywhere expect the most hardcore stuff. 35s were fun and all but I honestly think you guys have more fun with smaller tires when you actually have to pick a good line..  That and I do at least two long distance trips a year and my setup just was not conducive of that besides my camper top. This is going to be more of an expo setup than rock crawler.

The worst part is going to be this fall when every one is headed to Moab.... I will be pretty limited this year in that regard...

I took it out on trail close by just to get a feel for it on a rocky/bumpy road and I was impressed, its very comfortable and the factory Bilstien setup performs quite well although it will be replaced soon with a Small lift and some bigger tires. First thing will be a nice set of rock sliders! It has some cool features, obviously the rear locker is a plus but it also has a few different traction modes such as a-trac where it will sense a tire off the ground and lock the brake to send all the power to the tire with traction. I believe the newer Jeeps do something similar? Anyways I was starting to second guess my decision but after getting it off road I am very happy.

When are we doing half moon creek again... I have to show Walt my stock taco can go up that left side!tongue I think my goal is to get it to the top of pearl pass end of August/beginning of September if it clears up this year.
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaniquasman Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:46 am

We're right there with you Luke. Heather just picked up a JKU Rubicon X. It's super nice and should be more than capable for anything I'm wanting to run it on for awhile. I've told her the first off-road accessory it's getting is brush cutters! Not that we won't go wheel it (it is a jeep,) it's her daily driver for now and Shaniqua is the beater. And I agree about the smaller tire idea. Following buggies is fun to watch, but I have more fun picking a line and getting technical rather than just point and shoot !

Shaniquasman

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlyone Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:14 am

I can't wait until we all get together again and find a trail. Tacos and all. Lol

Luke,
I don't think you will have any trouble on these trails we run. I don't like to admit it but those tacos are more than capable of doing the majority of trails just like my Jk and C and H's new Rubi. We are headed to KC for family stuff so we will stretch out the lil white JK's legs.
Onlyone
Onlyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down