EJS 2014!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EJS 2014!!!

Post by BFYTW on Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:45 am

So it's just around the corner. Has anyone made definite plans to be there? I'll be landing Thursday 17th. Looking for trail carnage Friday afternoon and Saturday.
BFYTW

Back to top Go down

Re: EJS 2014!!!

Post by coluke on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:50 pm

I think I am off the 17-19th... Probably going to come down the 18th to hopefully run a trail, vendor show, run a trail the 19th, or something like that. Let me know what trails you are thinking? I am not picky!

Still not set and stone but pretty sure I can make it down.
coluke

http://www.cotrailruns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BFYTW on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:57 am

Cool. I just found out today that I've been invited to join the Daystar group, Tuesday for a day on Flat Iron Mesa trail. So super pumped about that. Still planning on being there Friday and Saturday as well. So we will hook up Friday and go run something!
BFYTW

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:26 am

Sorry man, looks like I am out for EJS this year. I am heading to the Maze district for 4-5 days first week of May, way behind around the house due to work so I am having a tough time getting away for another Jeep trip. Planning on taking vacation for next year... Tough working all day and seeing all these sweet Jeeps headed that way on 70!
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by BFYTW on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:41 am

Bummer for sure. I'll throw some pics up after. I'm lucky to even be going myself this year.
BFYTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:55 pm

coluke wrote:Sorry man, looks like I am out for EJS this year. I am heading to the Maze district for 4-5 days first week of May, way behind around the house due to work so I am having a tough time getting away for another Jeep trip. Planning on taking vacation for next year... Tough working all day and seeing all these sweet Jeeps headed that way on 70!

Look at it this way as you see all those heading to Moab:
You guys have to take vacation to goto Moab, I'm close enough that I can go anytime!
Just smile & wave boys, smile & wave  Wink  (quote from Madagascar)

When you get back, the trails around here will start to be opening  bounce 
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post by BFYTW on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:12 pm

Yeah. Well... Easy to say when u have never been to EJS. it's like Sturgis For the Harley crowd. U just have to experience the real deal to get it. Moab is a destination for sure but EJS is something extra.
BFYTW

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:08 pm

BFYTW wrote:Yeah.  Well... Easy to say when u have never been to EJS. it's like Sturgis For the Harley crowd. U just have to experience the real deal to get it. Moab is a destination for sure but EJS is something extra.

Walt I agree, I too would not be thrilled about the crowds, but as BFTW has mentioned I bet it is a pretty awesome experience to see all the Jeeps, Vendors, Ect. That and it is always fun to be on a trail and watch other people be stupid and try extreme climbs, ect. One thing I missed from being in Southern California you learned were all the crazy obstacles were in the desert, usually crowds of people cheering on those daring enough to try always very entertaining. Smile

But yes I am stoked for the trails to start opening up around Colorado, I have barley scratched the surface of the Colorado Trails. I pretty much have Taylor Pass, Black Bear, Imogene, and Holy Cross all on my list for this Summer I would like to probably run pearl pass again as well... I just need to figure out what weekends I have off, wait for the snow pack to melt, and then start posting some trail runs!
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlyone on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:10 pm

I know we can't wait!
Onlyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:41 pm

This is going to be a GOOOOOOOOD year, this forum is going to be BUSY.
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top