Colorado Trail Runs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Falken MT.

2 posters

Go down

New Falken MT.  Empty New Falken MT.

Post by BFYTW Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Anyone else check these out? I'm curious. They look interesting. Hoping to see some in action at EJS.
BFYTW
BFYTW

Back to top Go down

New Falken MT.  Empty Re: New Falken MT.

Post by coluke Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:53 pm

Looks promising. I do not think I will be going back to a goodyear MT/R. I have a while (I hope) before my tires will need to be replaced... I will also be keeping an eye on these.. Just wish the Cooper ST MAXX came in a 35/12.50/15.  The falkens appear some what similar. A "mud" tire but not over aggressive. Hopefully they have a decent sidewall I am sure they will be priced well.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?12209-2013-SEMA-Falken-NEW-Mud-Terrain-Tire

New Falken MT.  Main.php?g2_view=core
coluke
coluke

http://www.cotrailruns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BFYTW Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:40 am

Agreed. Yeah I haven't seen anything about the MTR's to make me want to go in that direction. Buddy of mine just got rid of a set in favor of the cooper discoverer AT's on his TJ. Said he would never run another goodyear. However I have seen them in deep snow and thought they did better than my MTZ's... I can tell you while the Mickey MTZs are wildly popular back east, and may do well in the mud, I haven't found them to be anything spectacular on the rocks out here. Puncture resistance and durability have been A+++ though. I've got 40,000 miles on mine and I think they have another 20 in them.

I will also be keeping an eye on these tires. The only other radial that has my full attention right now is the Nitto Trail Grappler. My rig is a garage toy but I do drive to and from the trails. So would still like to keep some street manners with mine, too. I think these new Falkins show promise especially if available in a broad spectrum of sizes. Sidewalls will hopefully be pretty tough. I've seen the AT actually used on some KOH buggies. That's gotta say somethin.
BFYTW
BFYTW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum