Colorado Trail Runs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Projects

4 posters

Go down

Winter Projects Empty Winter Projects

Post by coluke Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:31 am

So who has projects over the winter?? Any one making big changes to their Jeeps/Trucks?

I'm doing a small lift on the Truck, Icon coil overs up front with OME Dakar Leafs and Icon shocks in the rear. The rears showed up yesterday waiting on the rest.

I ordered a set of SOS customs rocksliders a few weeks ago, then bashed in my rocker panel, rock sliders are still 8 weeks out. Mad Truck will go to the body shop in the mean time.

Well I need to go back to working the corner so I can afford some tires! Rolling Eyes

Winter Projects I-npBxmWK-L

Last edited by coluke on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
coluke
coluke

http://www.cotrailruns.com

Back to top Go down

Winter Projects Empty Re: Winter Projects

Post by Onlyone Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:52 am

coluke wrote:So who has projects over the winter?? Any one making big changes to their Jeeps/Trucks?

I'm doing a small lift on the Truck, Icon coil overs up front with OME Dakar Leafs and Icon shocks in the rear. The rears showed up yesterday waiting on the rest.

I ordered a set of SOS customs rocksliders a few weeks ago, then bashed in my rocker panel, rock sliders are still 8 weeks out. Mad Truck will go to the body shop in the mean time.

Well I need to go back to working the corner so I can afford some tires! Rolling Eyes  
That really sucks about your rockers Lucas. I think you should remind yourself that you don't have 35's yet. Lol you were used to just pointing and shooting with the Rubi. Now you have to pay attention like the rest of us. Lol 

Can't wait to see it with the lift and tires. 

I sold my Lincoln and am purchasing a 2000 XJ from the original owner with just 100k on the little guy. Can't believe how small they are. Good for the wife though. She will like it after I put a small lift and some 31's on it. I will get some pics of it in a few days. That's my only real winter projects at the moment.
Onlyone
Onlyone

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Onlyone wrote:
coluke wrote:So who has projects over the winter?? Any one making big changes to their Jeeps/Trucks?

That really sucks about your rockers Lucas. I think you should remind yourself that you don't have 35's yet. Lol you were used to just pointing and shooting with the Rubi. Now you have to pay attention like the rest of us. Lol 

Can't wait to see it with the lift and tires. 

I sold my Lincoln and am purchasing a 2000 XJ from the original owner with just 100k on the little guy. Can't believe how small they are. Good for the wife though. She will like it after I put a small lift and some 31's on it. I will get some pics of it in a few days. That's my only real winter projects at the moment.

Oh boy! Two Jeeps in the family!! Exciting, and you are one lucky guy! My Wife got a Cherokee, but its a new one! Rolling Eyes

Yes I have to really pick my lines in the Taco! Unfortunately when I damaged my rocker I wasn't even trying to go over the stupid rock, it was just dark and on the side of the trail, I never saw it. My front tire never touched it, still some how ended up under the rear door.... Embarassed
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoojk Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:07 am

I asked the SOS slider guy about his stuff and said because I was in colorado that it's not worth doing and would cost a ton to ship.  Did he change his shipping or something? I love his design. Looks super clean.

voodoojk

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:47 pm

voodoojk wrote:I asked the SOS slider guy about his stuff and said because I was in colorado that it's not worth doing and would cost a ton to ship.  Did he change his shipping or something? I love his design. Looks super clean.

I already went through this with him, tell him you live in New Castle, he can ship through the Fastenal in Rifle, but just tell him New Castle, Rifle throws him off for some reason?. I guess its actually the only one in Colorado that is on their freight route or something... Tell him you are my neighbor and he is shipping to me... He can hook you up (We already dealt with/worked out the shipping issue) Very Happy If its sliders you are after, maybe he can ship ours together?
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlyone Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:12 pm

Here is our winter project. Very clean little XJ. 

Winter Projects 264387c10cef4acf12af101f756681ea_zpsadbca7b2
Onlyone
Onlyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:20 am

So what you gonna do to it?
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlyone Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Hey Walt,

Just going to do a 2" lift and maybe some 31's. Just so the wife can run around town. It's a bit better than the Lincoln in the snow. Lol
Onlyone
Onlyone

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:57 am

Onlyone, looks pretty darn clean!
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:08 am

Latest Additions, 1. The rocker damage is fixed, Crabtree's Auto Body in Rifle did a awesome job, looks like it never happened.

2. Finally got my tent from China.

Winter Projects I-dS4S78J-L

Winter Projects I-DMFPT8D-L
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlyone Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:43 pm

That tent is cool! Kinda looks bigger than the one you had on the Rubi.
Onlyone
Onlyone

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:26 pm

The tent is a bit bigger, this one will sleep two people comfortable, the one I had on the Jeep was for two people but it was not practical for two. It was very hard to get into and out of with another person in it.
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:47 pm

How does it handle the wind, like we had @ White Rim sitting up that high? Won't have to worry about critters up there.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:22 pm

From what I read they are very solid in the wind, its pretty heavy duty, aluminum frame and 280g ripstop canvas. I wish I had it when we were in white rim! My tent kept collapsing on me that night. Smile
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoojk Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:29 pm

I been kicking around the idea of running one on top of the cab. Just not convinced on that location yet. I would prefer your set up. Maybe I can get someone to build a frame over my softopper

voodoojk

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:28 am

voodoojk wrote:I been kicking around the idea of running one on top of the cab. Just not convinced on that location yet. I would prefer your set up. Maybe I can get someone to build a frame over my softopper

I bet it could be done pretty reasonable, someone on Tacoma world built one around their shell that turned out pretty nice. I've got a welder, you find a tube bender. Smile
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlyone Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:50 pm

Winter Projects I-npBxmWK-L
Wish I had those for my XJ.  affraid
You should give them to me. They should work. Haha
Onlyone
Onlyone

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:18 pm

You wish! Smile
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlyone Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:13 am

Dang it! I tried. Gotta do something soon though. The factory ones are sagging terribly. Did you get yours installed yet?
Onlyone
Onlyone

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:20 pm

Onlyone wrote:Dang it! I tried. Gotta do some thing soon though. The factory ones are sagging terribly. Did you get yours installed yet?

Add a leafs?

I have not installed them yet, I finally got the Icon front coil overs and rear shocks a week or two ago. I am waiting on tires first and probably will just wait for spring time at this point. Keep having unexpected expenses!! Thats life I guess...

I also got the rocker panel fixed and then some ass hat side swiped me on the Interstate after making a lane change into the lane I was in. Then he refused to pull over or stop and kept driving.... (I am probably the last person you want to attempt a hit and run on Rolling Eyes ) Made a phone call and we got it taken care of! Have to get an estimate this week, damage is not really bad and I think most will buff out. I am hoping for a enough for a nice bumper!
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlyone Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:23 pm

coluke wrote:
Onlyone wrote:Dang it! I tried. Gotta do some thing soon though. The factory ones are sagging terribly. Did you get yours installed yet?

Add a leafs?

I have not installed them yet, I finally got the Icon front coil overs and rear shocks a week or two ago. I am waiting on tires first and probably will just wait for spring time at this point. Keep having unexpected expenses!! Thats life I guess...

I also got the rocker panel fixed and then some ass hat side swiped me on the Interstate after making a lane change into the lane I was in. Then he refused to pull over or stop and kept driving.... (I am probably the last person you want to attempt a hit and run on  Rolling Eyes ) Made a phone call and we got it taken care of! Have to get an estimate this week, damage is not really bad and I think most will buff out. I am hoping for a enough for a nice bumper!
Wow. That's really crappy! Glad you got him. Let me know if you need some help. I will swing by and lend a hand. Then you can help me with mine. Haha! My JK is in the shop right now getting fixed up after the Deer hit. I know how you feel.  Evil or Very Mad
Onlyone
Onlyone

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoojk Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:09 pm

Wha?? When did that happen? I would have loved to see that guys face when he found out who he hit. Man crappy luck with that truck so far. Hopefully you got it all out of the way!

voodoojk

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:49 pm

The Tacoma build continues!

Building the Relentless Fab Bumper the last few weeks:

Tacking it up

Winter Projects I-d3rS39L-M

Nearly finished, putting the hoops on:

Winter Projects I-tBkTh3Q-M

voodoojk got me a sweet deal on some pizza cutters!

Cooper ST Maxx 255/85/16 (skinny 33s)

Winter Projects I-kxR6cXg-M

Installed and a new alignment. Gained about 2.75 inches from the lift.

Winter Projects I-f98cc8T-M

Winter Projects I-VQBbX22-M

Winter Projects I-gcFBSkw-M

Is it wheeling season yet???
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlyone Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Wow that is badass! Skinnys are great!
Onlyone