Colorado Trail Runs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG Mud Terrains

4 posters

Go down

BFG Mud Terrains  Empty BFG Mud Terrains

Post by coluke Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:11 am

I know a few of you guys are running the newer version of the BFG mud terrain, how do you guys like them so far? Wear, noise, any good on the snow/ice? Debating between these and Cooper ST Maxx which I have used before with great results. I'm pretty limited in choices with the size I want (255/85/16) skinny true 33"
coluke
coluke

http://www.cotrailruns.com

Back to top Go down

BFG Mud Terrains  Empty Re: BFG Mud Terrains

Post by Walt Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:03 pm

I've been happy with mine, haven't winter-tested them yet. A bit noisier and rougher then my BigO XTs. They seem to be wearing better though.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoojk Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:03 pm

Having owned Km2's ..and put thousands of miles driving to denver every weekend in the snow.. They can be pretty scary.  For a daily driver my opinion is they need to be sipped. Sipping the center tread blocks makes a huge difference from what I hear. The big solid blocks are like hockey pucks. Trail snow they are great.. It's the hard pack road snow that make them ice skates.

As for wear.. Mine wear fantastic and wore very evenly.

Honestly if I were to run a mud tire again.. I would buy a set of winter tires to use in the off season.

voodoojk

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:10 pm

I agree on the winter driving aspect, I really want to do the ST-Maxx in the 255 size but they are impossible to find at this point in this size. I heard they are on a nationwide back order. I thought the ST-Maxx did great on the snow/ice and did very well on the trail when I ran them a couple years ago.

I need to save up some money for tires anyways between the suspension, rock rails, and my body work. Rolling Eyes
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by voodoojk Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:40 pm

I can check on the 255 on Monday. My tire source is a big cooper dealer and might have some. They were one of the first people in the country to have inventory of this size tire in the st maxx when it was released. I occasionally check on it.. And see the amount of 4 or 8 available. Lol

voodoojk

Back to top Go down

Post by Onlyone Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Lucas,

Mine were scary on snow and ice. I just bought some destination ATs for winter. They are awesome in the ice and snow. And slick rock. I will put the BFGs back on in the summer. I love skinnys.
Onlyone
Onlyone

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:42 pm

Onlyone wrote:Lucas,

Mine were scary on snow and ice. I just bought some destination ATs for winter. They are awesome in the ice and snow. And slick rock. I will put the BFGs back on in the summer. I love skinnys.

AH! I was just looking at your pics from Poison Spider, I was wondering what was going on with your tires!

Lucas
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum