Colorado Trail Runs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donations? Site Renewal?

3 posters

Go down

Donations? Site Renewal?  Empty Donations? Site Renewal?

Post by coluke Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:45 pm

So I just got the bill for the website, looks like 130ish to renew my subscription. I understand there has not been much activity lately it seems like many of us had a busy 2nd half of the summer. I can't even remember the last weekend I had off! Blah... Combined with the fact I sold my Jeep and the Taco is still in development.

I am looking into other options as I think that 130 for our very simple home page is pretty steep considering it is probably less than 50mb of storage and not a huge amount of traffic. This forum is not even part of the webpage as it is on a separate and free site.

I kind of got lured in I think they first year was only like 20 bucks or something.

Right now I am looking at transferring the site to a different host, I am still figuring out/ learning what is all entailed in that, or possible a very cheap hosting site that is ad based.

If any one would like to donate to the cause let me know, shoot me a PM. That or suggestions on a better hosting option would be great from any of you techies out there!

Lucas
coluke
coluke

http://www.cotrailruns.com

Back to top Go down

Donations? Site Renewal?  Empty Re: Donations? Site Renewal?

Post by Onlyone Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:17 pm

I think we could all pitch in a little for ya Lucas!
Onlyone
Onlyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dankiswess Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Well, if the forum is hosted on a free site, can't you ditch the regular hosting and have the DNS entry for cotrailruns.com just point to cotrailruns.forumotion.com? I don't see any problem with the site being *just* the forum.
Dankiswess
Dankiswess

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Dankiswess, that is an idea I will look into! Although I do like our "Landing Page"

If any one wants to donate to the cause you can paypal me at skates04@hotmail.com any one that donates will receive a receipt of cost for the site just to show how I am using the $$
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by coluke Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:13 pm

I spoke with iPage and they knocked the cost of our web housting down by about 50 bucks, to 88 per year. Not bad. Its still over kill for what we need but at this point is worth the hassle of not transferring everything some where else since I do not have the time to do it right now. I would still appreciate it any one wants to pitch in.

Thanks!

Lucas
coluke
coluke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down